Our client based in Bray is looking for a fitter to install, commission, service and repair equipment in the plant. The role will involve working on mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic or computerised systems. Your job will involve either preventative or emergency maintenance.
Qualification: Will be qualified to QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate Craft – Mechanical Automation and Maintenance Fitting or Toolmaking or other appropriate Engineering qualification
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Making scheduled checks on machinery and parts
- Finding and fixing faults and recalibrating instruments.
- Responding immediately to machinery breakdowns.
- The work also involves fabrication of replacement parts using machine tools i.e. lathes,
- Milling machines, grinders, etc.
- Components may have to be repaired or fabricated using welding,
- brazing, riveting and soldering techniques
- You could be indoors in the factory or production plant, or outdoors servicing equipment on site.
- You will wear protective safety clothing for most jobs.
Have a Duty of Care for Health and Safety
Duties will include:
- Working with the Engineering team on development projects.
- Turning, milling, and general machining.
- Installation and commissioning of new machinery and equipment.
- Welding and fabrication of frames, racking and machine trolleys.
- Break-down repairs.
- Maintenance routines on equipment.
- Assist with Sprinkler room maintenance check. (1hr/week)
Salary 44k + Overtime
|Job Category||Manufacturing, Warehouse & Production|