We are currently seeking a skilled HR Specialist for our client based in Dun Laoghaire, we are seeking a candidate who is passionate about recruiting, supporting, and developing talent through our clients policies and managing procedures.
Our ideal candidate will be responsible and reliable, and willing to regularly contribute to making the company a better place to work. You should be highly efficient, organized, and approachable. The successful candidate should have a solid knowledge of various HR functions and administrative responsibilities.
Reporting to the HR Director, the HR specialist will support the delivery of operational human resource activities, HR administration as well as assist in some strategic initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to help develop, implement, support, and review all HR department initiatives, policies, procedures, and systems.
- Recruitment; Assist General Manager’s with recruitment for their plants. This will mean assessing recruitment needs, sourcing candidates, interviewing, selecting, organising medical questionnaires or assessments, seeking references, obtaining correct work permits, drawing up contracts, monitoring probationary periods. Conduct exit interviews with all leavers and report on findings, analyse and make recommendations.
- Training; Manage and ensure all training is completed and up to date i.e. Manual handling, Induction, safety training. This means assessing training needs, deciding on training method, organisation and delivery of training, recording of training and evaluation of training.
- Industrial Relations; Composure and confidentiality required to handle disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Liaise with union shop stewards regarding local issues.
- Deal with employee issues promptly and effectively before issues escalate.
- Employee relations; Time & attendance management
- Formulate new HR policies and review policies from time to time
- Counsel and mentor management and employees on performance and employee relations related matters.
- Performance reviews: Participate in performance evaluation processes
- Administrative duties: prepare monthly HR report, update organisational charts, Maintain and upkeep employment contracts for existing employees.
- Compensation and benefits; Pension and VHI scheme administration, Annual leave balances updated, Anniversaries.
- Compliance with all policies and legal requirements
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources
- CIPD Qualified preferable but not essential.
- Successful work experience as a Human Resources Specialist, officer, administrator or other HR position
- Strong working knowledge of HR functions and procedures (e.g. pay and benefits, recruitment, training, and development)
- Commitment to staying current on the understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures
- Proven ability to work independently on multiple tasks with minimum supervision.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
If this sounds like the role for you and you have the desired skills and experience, send your CV to Colette today at firstname.lastname@example.org!
|Job Category||Human Resources|