Our client are seeking a Forest Ecologist to join their team. Reporting to the Environment Technical Lead you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating the delivery of appropriate assessment and other statutory compliance requirements for managing forests and other biodiversity areas including Screening and NIS Reports.
- Responsible for coordinating and managing the nature conservation programme within the Business Area Units (BAUs).
- Be actively involved in planning, managing and monitoring sites of nature conservation value in each BAU, with the ability to influence plans as appropriate.
- Coordinating teams of consultants to plan and monitor sites, in conjunction with BAU teams.
- Proactively build skills and capacity within our client and external suppliers to deliver appropriate site management.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Botany, Ecology or related discipline, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience, ideally including the survey and ecological assessment of forest habitats
- Ability to liaise effectively with a range of stakeholders and key influencers and negotiate sustainable positions.
- The knowledge to manage financials to maintain profitability and value of the estate.
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of regulatory compliance standards including Appropriate Assessment and compliance with the Habitats and Birds Directive; a commitment to promoting a safe-working environment and ensuring compliance with environmental, regulatory and quality standards.
If this sounds like the role for you and you have the desired skills and experience, please send your CV to Colette today at email@example.com