Our client is a dynamic, innovative, and established practice looking to the future of the company through change management and growth.
They are now looking to recruit a commercially focused Accounts & Audit Director to lead a team of 7 and to implement new structures and standards and guide the team towards company goals. The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical mindset with the ability to manage and develop their team while managing a smaller portfolio of clients.
You must have the desire to grow your business/technical acumen to remain current on business developments, industry trends, emerging risks, and changes to the financial and regulatory environments.
The Partners are keen to recruit a candidate who will be part of their management team and who can contribute to the development of the firm.
The role :
- Lead, manage, motivate, and develop your direct reports ensuring staff are consistently delivering an exceptionally high standard
- Provide guidance on the application of tools and best practice methodologies.
- Effectively communicate company objectives and ensure your team are fully engaged in the business objectives and performance
- Manage workflow within the department, provide an unrivalled client service, lead on business development, and deliver the departments commercial performance.
- Oversee billing, collections, and profitability per assignment within the department.
- Lead and conduct team‐oriented, department-wide reviews of audit workpapers and be responsible for identifying and aggregating Quality Assurance Themes.
- Accounts preparation for sole traders, limited companies, and partnerships with the provision of ad hoc tax related duties.
- Manage client company secretarial compliance.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Audit and Accounts Department.
- Manage a portfolio of Audit and Account clients providing all round accounting services and advice.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance Audit Planning, ensuring plans appropriately address audit objectives.
- Act as First line reviewer of detailed Quality Assurance results and draft Quality Assurance Audit reports.
Skills and competencies required.
- Qualified ACCA/ACA/CPA with several years post qualification experience.
- Number of years’ experience working and leading in a team environment.
- Track record in a mid-tier practice environment at manager level in a quality driven firm.
- A strong understanding of risks and controls.
- Practical audit experience, such as conducting risk assessments, creating and executing audit programs, executing and/or leading audits via appropriate use of technology, tools, guidance and methodology.
- Expert knowledge of relevant accounting standards.
- Effective supervision and time management skills with a capacity to prioritise work efficiently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, analytical thinking and intellectual curiosity.
- A strong blend of technical ability, judgement, and commercial awareness.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A focus on a career in practice.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary experience, send your CV to Elaine at email@example.com
|Job Category||Accountancy & Finance|