Data Analyst -Sandyford
This role will contribute to the overall success of the IT Operations organization by providing oversight and improvement of corporate IT Storage infrastructure and by streamlining recurring administrative efforts.
The Senior System Operations Engineer must be receptive to management coaching to increase his/her individual and team’s effectiveness. The position is focused on supporting File, Block and Backups storage.
- Configure, Provision and Troubleshoot EMC VMAX, Cisco MDS switches and NetApp arrays
- Configure and troubleshoot Backups using Veritas Netbackup and VMware
- Be familiar with *NIX operations and how it relates to storage running on virtual/physical infrastructure.
- Help resolve complex IT issues;
- Demonstrate enterprise compliance to standards with objectively using metrics;
- Respond to and remediate systems incidents;
- Configure systems and tools to automate manual tasks through scripting and scheduling;
- Field escalated support requests from groups including Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, Infrastructure Operations, IT NOC, Desktop Support, Techforce, Information Security, Data Warehouse, Application Support, Tech Operations and other.
Required skills and experience:
This position requires someone who is smart, learns quickly, hardworking and thrives in a fast-paced team environment;
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree(or equivalent experience) and 5+ years in relevant Storage technologies
- 2+ years experience in RedHat/CentOS or Vmware
- Implementing and maintaining storage services in a public cloud environment
- Must have effective oral and written communications skills and the ability to work successfully with others;
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills, ability to provide alternatives, root cause analysis, testing skills and ability to make thoughtful proposals are also among the skills required;
- Must have practical experience with network, systems and storage management implementation, troubleshooting, change management, and root cause analysis;
- Must possess hands-on experience with Linux/Storage arrays, troubleshooting, carving LUN’s, assigning storage to machines and VM’s
Ability to quickly diagnose simple problems in the Linux OS based on common tools (log files, application errors)