Commercial Trading Broker /Freight Trader
Our client is an established company based on the Wexford/Wicklow border. They are now looking for a Chartering Broker to work as a member of its busy Commercial Department.
This is a fast paced role working on a live trading floor and will suit someone from a trading/commodities background or someone looking for a career change that can think on their feet with excellent numerical skills to make decisions quickly. There will be a 6 month training program with role and travel 2-3 times a year.
• Negotiating cargo freight for both spot business and contracts of affreightment
• Growing and sustaining customer relations across various industrial sectors
• Identifying and developing new commercial shipping opportunities • Close daily contact across all Company Departments including Technical, Crewing and Finance Departments.
• Daily communication with Vessels, Brokers and Agents to ensure optimal voyage performance.
• Voyage Orders and Planning.
While experience within a similar commercial or financial trading role would be helpful, it is not a requirement.
Excellent analytical and numerical abilities, as well as strong negotiation skills and attention to detail are essential.
Candidate will be expected to operate within a fast-moving trading environment and deal with international customers across a range of industries.
Ideal candidate will hold a commercial degree or similar qualification.
Salary wil be based on experience and will be discussed with candidates selected for interview.
|Job Category||Account Manager, Financial Services, General Management, sales, Sales & Marketing|