Our client based in Arklow, Co.Wicklow are seeking a warehouse operative / forklift driver. A forklift license is essential for this role.
To manage finished and incoming goods in accordance with the stores and shipping plans, at acceptable levels of cost and quality, to meet the output required from each shift. Maintain stock levels for Extrusion / Thermoforming machines as per the job requirement. To work within the Company’s accredited standards and health and safety requirements as well as assisting with new staff training as required.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Following the daily instruction of Warehouse Supervisor (or the appointed Deputy) with regard to loading, storage and dispatch of product to all areas i.e. Internal stakeholders – External customers
- Receipt of incoming product in accordance with the Quality Management System and procedures.
- Distribution of incoming goods as per planned production requirements.
- Safe operating, in accordance with our Company training program, of all fork truck and pedestrian controlled conveyance trucks.
- Completion of all departmental records.
- Any other tasks that may be deemed appropriate or required for which training or guidance has been given
- Ensure that all official break times are approved in advance by the Logistics Manager (or the appointed Deputy) and be flexible in their approach to taking breaks to ensure adequate cover /staff is available on the production floor.
- Assist with the training of less experienced staff and to offer help and guidance whenever possible.
- Undergo additional training as and when required to perform their respective duties safely and effectively.
- Report any defects or problems with the equipment or premises to the Logistics Manager (or the appointed Deputy) or Maintenance personnel as appropriate
- Ensure that the correct PPE is worn at all times
- Maintain hygiene and housekeeping standards (e.g. BRC) at work area and throughout the factory.
- Report any accidents or incidents of near misses as set out according to Company procedure.
- Do not interfere with, misuse or willfully damage any property belonging to the company or provided to the employee.
- Provide cover in stores as and when the need may arise i.e. for breaks, holidays, sick leave etc.
- Comply with procedures and co-operate with management in carrying out their work safely and without risk to themselves or others.
– Comply with all policies and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy working environment is maintained.
– Abide by the company’s environmental and quality management procedures.
– Carry out any reasonable duties as requested by the the Logistics Manager (or the appointed Deputy)/Company management that are within your abilities, irrespective of grade/skill level.
Must have valid Forklift License
If you’re interested please get in touch with Orla today!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com