We are currently seeking a Support Nurse for our client based near Bray, Co. Wicklow. Mon – Fri 8am to 2pm. The pay rate is €28 p/h.
You will be responsible for the overall health and well-being of all students attending a Boarding School, ensuring that Health care policies and procedures adhere to best practices. This involves ensuring all students receive the appropriate care and attention for any illnesses, injuries, or accidents that happen/develop during the school year, in a timely and professional manner and the management of pre-existing conditions, allergies, special dietary requirements that the students may arrive with/develop throughout their time at the Boarding School.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receiving student visits during the evening – assessing and treating as necessary
- Supporting the nurse with student administration
- Communication with parents regarding any medical issues in relation to students
- Communication with staff where necessary in relation to student health
- Logging all nurse visits and reporting to the Management team each day
- Reporting any new special diets/allergies to necessary departments
- Liaising directly with the Academy GP when required
- Accompanying student to doctor if required
- Ensuring all medication is checked and arranged for outings/trips/weekly as necessary.
- Ensure First Aid kits are placed in appropriate areas
- Prepare medications for trips and outings for students
- Maintaining medical records for students and medical appointments (dental, doctor, hospital, orthodontist, nutritionist, physio)
- Carry out informative sessions from time to time for students on overall general health, hygiene and wellbeing including head lice prevention and the prevention of Covid-19.
If this Support Nurse role is of interest to you and you are a qualified nurse available Monday to Friday 8am – 2pm, send your CV to Colette today or connect with her on Linkedin!
Check out our other open jobs here
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com