Storm recruitment are delighted to present an excellent opportunity for an experienced Quality Technologist (QA Technician) at a prominent Irish-owned Fresh Food Company. As a Quality Assurance Specialist, you will be part of the Quality Team and report directly to the Quality Manager and Technical Management function within the business. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure that day-to-day production operations are conducted with a strong focus on quality.
The companies head office is based in Kildare. The hours of work are 8:30am-17:00pm Monday to Friday with a salary range 30k-33k.
• Maintain the supplier management process with detailed specification, risk assessment, audit and approval records for all raw material, packaging or miscellaneous suppliers
• Travel to conduct supplier audits as necessary as part of new approval, ongoing review, or in response to issues
Customer Management – Specifications
• Implement and maintain detailed specifications and quality standards for all finished products, knowledge of various software programmes used by customers required (Micros, Hamilton Grant, FIND, etc)
• Develop and maintain internal specifications for the factory
Customer Management – Customer queries / complaints
• Manage queries or complaints from customers in a timely manner, involving the wider Technical and Production teams where needed
• Travel to customers and represent the companies technical expertise when needed as part of customer service or as part of investigations of issues
• Hold responsibility for capturing, recording and trending customer complaints and assisting Quality Manager in investigations
QMS & HACCP Systems
• A key member of the companies HACCP team, challenging processes food safety systems and maintaining and reviewing the plan as required
• Responsible for the document control and maintenance of the Quality Management System
• Update process documentation (check sheets and procedures) as required when driven by improvement, audit requirements, customer requirements etc.
• Ensure raw material, process and finished product evaluation and verification is completed as required within production, being part of the team helping to solve issues as they arisen
• Responsible for maintaining records for due diligence and audit purposes
• Collating technical information to view trending and take relevant actions where required
• Champion the training and development of staff in the areas of food safety or quality including: Induction, Hygiene & Cleaning, Basic Food Hygiene, HACCP, Allergen Awareness, Taste Panel training (Shared responsibility with Quality Manager & Plant Manager)
• Drive and implement plant wide Process & Quality System Improvements, working with the relevant departments to ensure multi-disciplinary approach
Skills / Qualifications/ Experience:
• 1-3 years in a similar role in a FMCG or food retail environment
• Diploma or higher in a Food Science related subject
• Lead auditor certification is preferential
• HACCP certification is preferable
• Numerical ability to record, interpret and analyse key process data
• Understanding of Food Safety and Quality Management Systems
• Strong knowledge of food legislation, BRC Global Food Standard and specific customer standards and Codes of Practice
• Good interpersonal and leadership skills, and the ability to react well under pressure
• Proficient in the use of MS Office tools.
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability
If this role is of interest to you and you have the desired skills and experience, send your updated CV to Conor today or connect with him on Linkedin!
Check out our other open jobs here
To apply for this job email your details to Conor@stormrecruitment.ie