Our client based in Sandyford is seeking an experience Purchasing Manager to join their team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create sales orders in SAP
- Generate purchase orders for goods required and send to suppliers.
- Correspond with suppliers and notifying sales team & customers of ETAs.
- Request quotes from suppliers as required.
- Closely monitor the delivery of goods to ensure timelines meet the project requirements.
- Ensure any issues or delays are communicated immediately to the project team.
- Liaise with finance team to organise payment of deposit/proforma invoices issued by vendors if required.
- Update the order book with new orders/projects.
- Update the quarterly projects book with delivery dates of incoming stock so the project team can schedule the install.
- Issue new vendors/customers with new account forms for completion & set up account on SAP once received.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Notify warehouse team of incoming shipments of considerable size/value so they can prepare for this arrival & allocate appropriate space to store the goods.
- Coordinate delivery of goods to customers with the warehouse.
- Arrange return of goods to suppliers if required.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Develop, lead, and execute purchasing strategies
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve the effectiveness
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- Self-Driven, Assertive, results-oriented, team player with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
If this sounds like the role for you and you have the desired skills and experience, send your CV to Colette today.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com