The opportunity has arisen for a financial accountant to join the finance team with our client based in Wicklow. The Financial Accountant will report directly to the Finance Controller and will assist in the day to day operation of the finance function, responsible for a variety of tasks including months end and quarterly reporting.
Accounting & Controlling
- Working as part of the accounting & control team to ensure robust controls & process are in place for the month end to deliver accurate financial close in line with group deadlines
- Manage the preparation of the monthly management accounts to store level detail (Profit Centre)
- G/L financial accounting, including Accruals and Prepayments,
- Pre and post close review of P&L accounts, completing analytical reviews to explain variances to plan and prior year.
- Responsible for financial accounting of Cashbooks & Monthly Bank Reconciliations
- Manage Accounting for Fixed Asset, Depreciation and Repair & Maintenance, including delivery of management reports to the business
- Manage Rent payable and receivable accounts including Sales and Leaseback accounting.
- Deliver Balance Sheet Reconciliation reporting for all G/Ls on the Group Reporting system (Blackline) in line with deadlines, Monthly or Quarterly
Audit & Compliance
- Mange submission for all compliance including VAT, Intrastat and CSO submission etc.
- Collaborate with internal audit and implement process improvements as required
- Manage the Annual audit for the Group
- Preparation of Financial Statements for all Group entities as part of the annual Audit
Planning & Reporting
- Assist with the Annual Planning Process & Monthly Forecast, including monthly collaboration to provide analysis on monthly results and explain variances to plan etc.
- Assist the business with the analysis of monthly business costs
- Provide other ad hoc analysis or support as required
- 2-3 years Post Qualified Experience
- Ability to work to very tight deadlines
- Focused on Teamwork
- Excellent computer and analytical skills including the ability to analyse a high volume of data
- Proficient with software systems such as Excel, Oracle, Cognos and Blackline
- Experience in a Retail environment an advantage
- Proactive approach to work
If this role is of interest to you and you have the desired skills and experience, send your CV to Colette today.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org