My client based in Dublin North is seeking a Commercial Manager for Ireland and the UK to join the team. The purpose of this role is to create and manage an effective and productive external business and development pipeline, focused on developing new customer relationships.
- In addition to the general management rules of the department:
- Support in the production annual new Business Development budget
- Ensuring the BD plan is implemented to achieve the turnover and gross margin objective
- Ensure the BD structure is appropriate to achieve business objectives
- Develop strategies and tactics to deliver the BD plan
- Ensure up to date reporting to the Head of commercial team on pipeline activity and call report activity along with other relevant KPI’s.
- Develop the business, goals and objectives in line with global strategy
- Increase market share in existing markets and maximize new business development opportunities
- Delivering sales by developing relationships with customers – new.
- Define BD objectives according to the company budget. X 3 times costs. (Sales minus costs of sales = Gross margin)
- Ensure achievement of gross margin objective per clients for all modes of transport.
- Ensure that clients are satisfied with the service level and feedback to operations.
- Identify business opportunities in target markets.
- Propose to Head of Commercial corrective planes where necessary.
- Reporting in line with local and global rules.
- Develop and maintain a BD pipeline through a DEI process.
- Incremental business development leading to incremental team build.
- Procure, calculate and submit freight quotations and tenders efficiently and follow up accordingly within the defined company format.
- Conduct daily calls to arrange meetings with potential accounts to prospect for new business.
- Ensure a smooth transition of new business using agreed best practice.
- BD objectives as predefined by Head of Commercial department.
- Liaise closely with Operations Management and Directors at the relevant time and establish a close working relationship.
- Report on relevant KPI’s as outlined by department head.
- Support in selection of adequate skilled professionals to build commercial team
- Support in developing training plans
- Team motivation
- Review and manage pipeline activity against objectives and targets.
- Diploma level qualification (or equivalent) either in business/sales, administration, marketing or a related discipline (preferred)
- Deep knowledge of the international trade terms & conditions
- Excellent business development and negotiation skills
- Effective customer service skills
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong management skills coupled with an ability to drive and implement changes.
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
- Good IT, budget and report writing skills
- Minimum 3 years at BDM or Sales Manager level in freight forwarding sector.
Proven track record of growing business within the Freight Forwarding services
If you’re interested in this Commercial Manager Ireland & UK, please get in touch with Orla today in the office or connect with her on Linkedin!
Check out our other open jobs here
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com