Our client based in Limerick are seeking an energetic and professional manager for the post of Assistant Operations Manager.
This is a pivotal, customer facing role within the company. The successful candidate will have experience managing a strong team in a fast paced environment and be committed to high standards of bar and retail services. Strong leadership and personnel management skills should be accompanied by a customer service focus and commitment to company values and image. A proven track record in a similar post is a requirement for the post.
Main Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Operations Manager at an operational level as needed and complete all tasks assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Take on role of acting Operations Manager when required.
- Assist the Operations Manager in the management and coordination of the Front of House and Retail teams.
- General administrative duties including maintenance of timesheets and retail records.
- Manage and assist with projects, which may include procurement, facilities and event management, among others.
- Bar and Retail Management
- Manage all day-to-day bar and retail operations within budget guidelines.
- Design and create promotional opportunities.
- Consistently manage all audits, metrics and reporting channels.
- Deliver the highest standards of customer service.
- Responsible for the financial performance of the Bar and Retail units.
- Negotiate supplier and trade rates to optimise revenues and maintain tight stock controls.
- Work with accounts to create and deliver operational budgets.
- Manage and ensure tight stock control and cash handling procedures are met.
- Responsible for placing orders with suppliers, in line with budgets, and stock counts and procurement guidelines.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant management experience
- A good understanding of contract management, procurement, project delivery and commercial negotiations
- Proven track record of supporting a high performing team
- A strong work ethic; a good knowledge of people management practice
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, written and verbal, with a strong focus on customer service.
- Flexibility to deal with a wide variety of events with differing requirements; ability to recognise and quickly resolve potential problems.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritise duties in a very busy environment.
If this role is of interest to you and you would like to hear more, send your CV to Colette today.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com