Our client based in Kilcoole is seeking an experienced assistant accountant to join their team on a full-time permanent basis. Salary €34k – 38K DOE
This role is fully in the office there is no option for Hybrid working at present.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Oversee sales invoicing process and ensure all orders are billed on time
- Dealing with client billing queries and assisting regional billing team in resolving queries and collections
- Posting of all bank transactions and bank reconciliations
- Deal with all aspects of supplier invoices & payment queries
- Posting expenses and credit card receipts
- Reconciliation of sales and purchase ledgers
- Preparation of monthly EFT payment runs for EUR/GBP/USD Payments
- Preparation of Intrastat/Vies/VAT returns
- Work closely with the financial controller and regional team based out of UK
- Continuously striving to simplify and standardise Accounts Payable & Receivable processes
- Assist in the month end processing: preparing accruals & pre-payments, running reports, reviewing errors or issues, assisting other team members with month end specific tasks
- Ad hoc tasks as they arise
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in a similar position in fast growing and multi-site/national companies.
- Methodical and orderly with the ability to prioritise tasks (this is a key requirement)
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with an ability to organise and work with large volumes of data.
- Good MS Excel skills.
- Flexible and adaptable, able to respond to changing demands and can prioritise work effectively
- Self-motivated, so can operate independently with minimum daily direction
- Completing a professional accounting qualification/part qualified ACCA/CIMA
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org